Question for SAHM

I am a stay at home mom although recently I went back to work one day a week. I do like being home for my dd, but my days seem soooo long. I do try to go out with her a few times a week. and I have family and friends that I see often ( with her) but on days that I don't have anything planned I almost dread it. I love to do crafts and baking, but with her It hard to do all these thing because she is only 13 months old. Will this get better as she gets older? We don't plan on having any more children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes! It will get way much better as she gets older. I was the same way with my little guy at that age. Is she walking yet? Check out indoor gyms, story time at the library, parks,(can you tell I had to get out of the house? haha) moms groups, church groups, etc. And yes, include her in whatever you're doing around the house - especially cooking, etc. :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It gets different and you can go out to playground and indoor playlands when she is more mobile and meet other moms, too. Look up MOMS Club in your area if you want to meet other SAHMs and participate in meetings and playgroups.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I am a \SAHM, but my DD is in school, so I get really bored. I just start to clean house, play the Wii, quilt, cook, get on the computer or go for a walk.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was always bored with just one child.
    Anonymous

• I ve been home since my youngest(2) was born and yep it did get easier for me... I feel like I met more mommy friends or something ... we have coffee and playdates a few days a week I use ont or 2 to do house work etc Its works out great!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I met a lot of great people when I took my toddlers to storytime at the library. Not only did we have that to look forward to each week, but then we suddenly had a ton of people to have playgroups with.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Go to your local Library & sign up for infant/toddler playtime. They also may offer toddler crafts & other theme days. You will meet some Moms & have fun. While she plays with the other kids & toys, you can chat with the other Moms. I started going with my Son & he Loved it and it passed the time nicely & he got to interact with other kids his age. Before you leave you can take out kids books & DVD's too!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I never have time to get bored. I am a SAHM but i have 4 young children ages 6, 4 1/2, almost 3 and 10months old. I have 2 with special needs so i am very busy all day long. My days go by too fast i cant seem to get all the things i want or need to get done. I think it will become different and somewhat easier when your little one gets a little older. That is great that you do crafts and baking with her already. The weather will be getting nicer so you can play outside more or go to the park. We have zoo and sciece center passes and we definetly use them! I used to take my boys when i just had 2 of them to the library for story time or just to read and explore the childrens section.......i would like to do that again when my 2 oldest are in school for the 2 younger ones.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I joined a gym that has a child care center. 2 hours a day they'll watch her and I can take some time to work on me. We both love it.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 5:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You could always "include" her in your projects. For instance, we have been letting our DS add the spices to our food for several months now. He takes the spice we want, and shakes it over the food. If we want more, we just add more. Or, you could put a plastic or metal bowl with some water in it, on a towel on the floor, and give her a stirring spoon, or a whisk, or even just a couple measuring cups, and let her play with the water, pretending to do whatever you're doing.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 12:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2011