Why would you want the draft to be mandatory for women too?

Why would you want to go get shot at and possible killed. We are mothers. My first proority is my child. Why would i want her to not be raised by her mother. The draft is the most rediculous thing that there is. What happened to its a free country ? if men and women are being forced to register in the selective service it doesn't seem very free to me. I am 100% so glad that i did not vote for obama. He is going to send this country straight to hell. Bash away , i don't care. You are entitled to your opinion just like i am. And mine is that we are in for a world of hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it should be mandatory for kids (girls and boys) out of highschool that are not already parents. I think mandatory for mothers would be rediculous.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• first of all as a women if you join the service then guess wht your going over seas. you wana do a mans job then be prepared for what is to come. i dont think it should be mandatory for anyone to have to sighn up but if they chose to then they need to understand they are going over seas. I see so many women in the service who get pregnant just so they dont have to go. if your going to do that why join?? Im so sick of everyone bashing the new president and he hasnt even had a chance to do anything yet. people need to chill out.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Crystal. But if they did make us go Id be on the first plane out of the country! lol I def could not go to war. I have sooo much appreciation for those that do though. And the draft would only come back if we were desperate. And even though it is a free country, war is what gave it to us. If we want to keep it up then that could potentially happen. Its a scary truth
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• this may be a free country but how do you think people befor us felt when it was mandatory to sighn up was that fair? no its not fair to make anyone man or women sighn up if they dont want to but thats life. a child has a right to know there father to but plenty of men are over seas right now not knowing there children same thing with many women.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you want to be treated as equal as men, then don't act like you don't want too. If Men have to serve, why not women. We have come so far in this world. And do you honestly think a man can't take care of a child or that he won't miss his child either. can't have it both ways. Barack Obama isn't president yet and won't be until January 20th, so why blame him. Thats just about stupid.
    Anonymous

• Women always want to be equal to men in every other aspect. So they should be drafted to. Even girls who had kid under 18. they are old enough to have a kid they are old enough to die for their country. Could you imagine that if they put a rule in their that only female with out children would be drafted,how many would get pregnant at 17 so they wouldn't have to go in. It would be like Canada all over

Answer by louise2 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• anon 4:59 i dont think it should be mandatory for anyone to have to sighn up but if they chose to then they need to understand they are going over seas.
    *************************
    I totally agree with you. can someone tell me what is all the bitching about? who said that women and children are going to be drafted?
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 5:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Uh, I blame hime because that is what he is saying he is going to do and people voted him as the next president. So that is what he is going to try and do. And I NEVER ONCE SAID I WANTED TO BE TREATED AS AN EQUAL TO A MAN. I PERSONALLY AM OLD FASHIONED AND THING THAT IT IS A WOMANS JOB TO TAKE CARE OF A MAN, COOK, CLEAN, AND TAKE CARE OF THE FAMILY. NOT GO TO WAR. And i work outside the home from 8-5 and take care of my family. So i am not one of the ones hollering i want to be treated equally blah blah blah. I think that if more people knew he wanted for women to enlist in the military he would have received many less votes . Mainley from men who still feel that women are not equals to men.
    Anonymous

• anon 5:17. Uh, I blame hime because that is what he is saying he is going to do and people voted him as the next president. So that is what he is going to try and do.
    ********************
    what did he say he is going to do. I'm so lost today.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 5:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• and what is it you're basing your opinion on? what's Obama got to do with a draft?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008