Am I having a meltdown?

I am so frustrated!! All I do is get up go to work and fall into bed from exhaustion! I only get to see my family awake on my 2 days off a week!! I work till midnight and they r all in bed!! It is getting really hard on me to not to be able to spend more time with them! I am thinking about cutting back on my hours. My hubby starts a new job hopefully next week. I tried switching to days ,but,they would not do it. I need help ,I need advice!! Please!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 3:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• It is very hard to work and have a family- I think most of us have to work. If you can afford to cut some hours and you think it will make you happy -go for it!- and if you need to work-then just enjoy the time that you do have with your family-it is the quality of time -not the quantity!!!just be thankful for what you have and try to relax and enjoy!!!
    DMJ3

Answer by DMJ3 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Can you cut back hours and still make ends meet? I don't think it's bad to work part time if all your bills are still getting paid.
    You could also start looking for a different job that would let you work just part time. Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I try to do that DMJ3 but,it is hard to when i know that every time I go to work I am working myself into exhaustion. I have a really physical dem,anding job. I work my butt off and I don't get any help. I feel that I am expected to do way too much!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry the word is demanding
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I work and have 3 kids under the age of six- I work in home and in office 2 days-I do all the errands and housework- my husband does not do much with that stuff-I totally get the weight on your shoulders-sometimes I want to scream! and call me crazy but I would love to have another child. it is very stressful.-I was stressed, exhausted,miserable and sometimes depressed- I try to get sometime for myself-I think that helps- I think working moms are expected to do TOO much!!!
    DMJ3

Answer by DMJ3 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• DMJ3 u r so right! But I used to work in home and it was nice. Alot less stress for me then battling traffic 5 days a week .I need to go to work.I'll talk to u later Bye!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• have a good weekend! also, did you ever think about getting a massage to de-stress you- I go once or twice a month for "me" time-and helps me relax and it releases my stress.
    DMJ3

Answer by DMJ3 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Get your job search in high gear!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Maybe you need so look for another job. Maybe you can babysit other kids at your house. good luck

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011