Does your childs Spring Break coincide with Easter this year?

My sons "spring break" is at the end of March this year and Easter is at the end of April. What the heck...wasn't it always Easter Break?
Why are they changing everything? It makes no sense.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• They decided to change it for every school. They ,the congress decided that Easter has nothing to do with school. It was decided starting this year.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yeah my kids is around the time we have Easter. I think this year they get out early the friday before Easter, then get the whole week after Easter Sunday off.

Answer by gemgem at 3:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Some schools have their break the week of March 13th and others schools have it the week of March 21st!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My kids school has it the week between Palm Sunday and Easter.

Answer by missanc at 3:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Around here, spring break rarely coincides with Easter unless you're in Catholic school.
    Anonymous

• It rarely occurs around Easter here, never has.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My son's spring break is at the end of March and then Easter falls at the end of April as you said I don't know what is up with this either and it is a pain.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Spring break is the first week of April...so no. Doesn't bother me. We don't do anything big for Easter and April 5 is my dd's birthday so we'll be able to do something with her as a family because her siblings will be home.
    The public schools my kids have gone to (and that I have experience with) never had spring break at Easter. if they happened to be at the same time then great but it wasn't scheduled that way.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i feel your pain. easter has everything to do with school its a religious family holiday! F congress (if what dancer said was true)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 4:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011