So WHO is paying for the hotel rooms for those Dems that abandoned their jobs?

Are they going to write them off as a "business" expense? Are the taxpayers paying for them on top of their salaries?

And do you think this will affect these Dems when reelection comes around? I can already see the campaign ads about abandoning their posts instead of choosing to vote one way or another!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    Or they stayed with friends.

Since the people of the state (those protesting) seem to be behind them, I doubt it will matter when election time rolls around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• We are!
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 3:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Oh it will matter. People have a short attention span and seem to change their minds all of the time. When the elections come around and the ads are rolling theyll change their opinion. It happens more often then not. All I know is I dont think we should pay for their hotels. If they have friends in the area then they should stay there. I know if I walked off the job my boss sure wouldnt pay for a hotel room.

Answer by gemgem at 3:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If it got paid for by the state, it's very easily discovered. Most likely? The unions would be paying for them.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I am reading comments on MSNBC's site and it seems most people on there arent backing the dems OR the unions on this....Trying to find out DEF where they are staying but I have heard SEVERAL reports that they are in Hotels!
    momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Isn't it possible they are PAYING FOR IT THEMSELVES????
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I doubt it ;) BUT Thats why I asked the question. Just a thought I had. Wondering if while they foregoing their jobs if they were using the BENEFITS of them...

momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• rolling on floorIsn't it possible they are PAYING FOR IT THEMSELVES????

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• They are standing with their people....

I hope they are paying for themselves...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• hmmmmm paying for it themselves...... with the money they get from their salary for a job that they are actually not doing.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011