33 weeks pregnant and I think I have a yeast infection. Any suggestions on what is safe to take? I have a call into the dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one in the begining of my pregnancy was told as long as its a the cream kind and not pills it was ok to use..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was prescribed Diflucan when i was preg....i am highly allergic to the creams. I only get yeast inf when im preg. for some reason. Wait for the call back from your doctor...each OB is different.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Eat yogurt make sure you get the kind with natural bacteria in it. Even if your doctor prescribes you medication the yogurt will help build up the natural bacteria you need to keep from getting them. Hope this helps.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 6:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with the yogurt, and you want to wait to see what you OB thinks you should take.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Go home and take one of the tampons and dip it into the yogurt and insert it into the vagina, allowing it to stay in place for at least an hour or so -- longer certainly won't hurt you. It is COOL and SOOTHING for one thing and will get some of the "good bacteria" right where it is needed the most since that is the main reason to use it -- to get the "GOOD" bacteria into where there is a build up of too much "bad" yeast type bacteria.
    http://chetday.com/yeastinfection.html
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I used Monistat while pregnant. You should call your doctor before you try any medication, even over the counter. The longer treatment (7 days) works better when you are pregnant than the one dose stuff. I've also heard good things about using yogurt, too.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My dr prescribed diflucan when I was pregnant. Yeast infections can be particularly hard to get rid of while pregnant, so it's better to get the presciption rather than use OTC.

"I only get yeast inf when im preg. for some reason"
    Yeast infections are very common anytime your body's hormone levels are fluctuating (when pregnant, postpartum, or when weaning), because it can throw off your body's natural balance of things.

Answer by missanc at 9:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2011