Christian Moms PLZ Help!

I feel at a loss right now. I'm 20 made many mistakes in my life, had a baby out of wed lock and just married her father. I went to church and awanas as a young girl until i was 14 and then strayed away from God. My husband who is a newer christian and i have been going to church again and reading the bible together but i can't help but to feel each move and thought i make is sinful. I feel guilty if i watch TV and i haven't read the bible or got my housework done. I feel guilty if i spend money on a nice par of pants ect. Wehn i read the bible it amkes me feel even worse because the bible is so serious i feel like i have no chance. I know this souns ridiculous but its a REAL struggle i'm going through. I'm haunted and feel guilty because i love my husband and daughter amd want more children and i feel like God thinks i love worldly things more than him. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think its ok to love "worldly" things. I dont think God wants you walking around looking like a bag lady after all. He wants us to look nice because we are the ones who are spreading the word about him. And dont feel bad about making mistakes, we all do when we are young. Remember we are forgiven and the best we can do is live our lives as an example for others who are lost to Him. Love your husband and little girl and let go of the past. Pray to God to help you let go and to show you what he wants to use you for in this life. Sounds me to youre living a good life now and conscious of God and want to serve him. Youre already on the right path.
    Anonymous

• It sounds to me like satan is trying to keep a hold of you. Put it is God's hands. Kick satan out, and enjoy your life.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 5:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's the enemy who wants you to feel guilty over the things you're feeling guilty. It doesn't say we can't have nice things or even want nice things in the bible. The bible says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."  God wants to give His children good things.. every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above.  Also we all struggle with giving God time.. I know I do especially when I was a young mom.  Your spirit man is wanting to spend time with God but your flesh is always going to fight it.  Even if you do just a little bit each day... one verse etc... that is how you grow spiritually.  There's no set rule that you have to read so much or pray for so long...... as you grow you'll find yourself wanting to do it more.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• cont: BTW when I had my son out of wedlock when I was 22 and I was raised in church. I experienced alot of guilt... but when I asked God to forgive me... He did and He erased it and forgot about it... so when those guilty feelings come up.. remember your sins have all been forgiven and washed away.

God bless and I hope this helps.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Firs, and foremost, God loves you. If you do love worldly things more than Him, pray that He will help you with that. Sanctification is progressive. It takes time. Just remember that God loves you and will do whatever it takes to help you, as long as you're willing.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• What I say won't compare to what Bonn said. I agree with her.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• This is called condemnation and its coming straight from the enemy. God loves you and hes NOT mad at you. Hes not some over lord whos looking down on you waiting for you to make a mistake so he can strike you down. Thats not his nature. Sure youve made mistakes. So have I , so has everyone. We tell God we're sorry and he sees our hearts and forgives us. Its that simple. Then we move on and we don't allow the enemy to make us feel bad about our past, present or future. We know that God can help us with anything that comes up. Stop worrying about sinning and just BE. Know that God will gently lead you when you mess things up and forgive you quickly. The Word says, he is Slow to anger and quick to forgive.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you have things you know you need to do, then just ask God to show you and help you get them done. Put your faith fully in him. This is where we all need to walk. Once our faith is firmly rooted in God, then the fear of sinning or displeasing God will fade. Once you know that all you have to do is ask him to forgive you. Not all things are bad and you are overly criticizing yourself. Just be yourself and if you are doing something that is wrong, the HOly Spirit will gently guide you. Thats how you know its God...its gentle. When you feel guilty, condemned and worthless, then you know its not God and you need to reject those thoughts. Put your past in the PAST and leave it there. It sounds like you are trying and the Word says that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Keep going.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You need to speak with your pastor. You sound like you're experiencing some kind of spiritual attack, and you need some backup.
    There is a significant difference between condemnation and conviction. God doesn't convict someone with shame and guilt. He convicts them with love and repentence. If you're left feeling worthless and useless and unsalvageable, then that's not of God. If you're left with a deep desire to improve, hope that you will get better, and resolve to walk that path, then that's Godly conviction.

Does that make sense?
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 7:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• satan is preying on you. keep up what your doing and maybe you don't need to spend a lot of money on jeans and worldly things being humbled is good for you but it shouldn't be the way you are feeling it. you can look nice without spending a fortune. the lord doesn't expect you to be perfect that is why we need him cause by his grace he makes us perfect but now here on earth will that happen.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008