Have your kids ever done something

That made you think something like, "Oh please don't let anyone else see this because they'll probably call CPS!" even though nothing bad is actually happening to your child?

For example, DD likes to get in my aunt's dog cage (especially when a couple of her playmates are around lol) and my mom took a picture of it one day. All I could think was that if someone saw that, they would probably call CPS even though DD just likes to play in there (she has a little play house, but for some reason she LOVES that dog cage lol, I don't get it).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Perfect Example....

My daughter had an issue that required her to have a catheter put in her urethra for a test... obviously VERY disturbing for a 2/3 yr old. We were in the grocery store and she could feel that UTI feeling and screamed... "MOmmy dont let that man put the thing in my pee pee again!!!" OMG... I was convinced we would I was going to be followed and the police called.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Once when my oldest was around 4 years old, we were walking down the Las Vegas strip on our way to see the lions at MGM Grand. My son kept trying to dart away, and my husband was holding on to his wrist, not letting go. My son bruises really easily, and by the time we got there, he had a bruise all around his wrist. We had only been walking for like 10 minutes!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• This thought just happened to me a couple of days ago.  I am still in the dark ages of cameras.  I like the disposable ones, lol.  Well I was almost ready to get them developed but one had 2 or 3 pictures left on it.  I put it in our desk.  I had to constantly tell my 5 year old son to leave them alone, he loves taking pictures.  Well, a few days ago that all of the film was gone in every camera.  I took them in and when I got them back I found that my son had pressed the button and ended up catching a picture of his nipple!  I was like "Ohhhhh lawd", lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• OMG! LOL! Aww poor baby, but I bet that was horrifying for you at the moment!
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sorry, I mean't "Well, a few days ago I NOTICED", lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• All the time. Just the other night I was playing with my 7mo. I had taken his clothes off to change his diaper and put him in his jammies and he just loves to be tickled. So I spent a good few minutes tickling him all up and down his naked tummy with him just giggling away, all excited. Then I realized I had left little scratches all over his body. They were really red and nasty looking. The first thought that popped into my head was someone would see that and think I did it on purpose when he was laughing the whole time and waiting for me to tickle him some more (so not in any pain).
    I actually bruise really easy and my husband likes to rough house (wrestle around with me and the kids) and I always end up with bruises all up and down my arms. I'm sure people might think he abuses me (he usually kisses each one better after the fact).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011