Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found a sore spot, and I have a question... adult content

I was in the bathtub shaving down yonder, and I encountered a pretty sore area. It's to the left, and just a hair behind, my vaginal opening. It's not a normal "too much sex" sore spot though.

Is it possible...6 or 7 days ago, DH gave me oral. 1 or 2 days later he went to the doc and was diagnosed with a fairly severe sinus & ear infection. Could he have somehow made this happen because he was getting sick when he gave me oral? Or in the last couple of days when we did have sex, could it be from him using a little saliva to help lube? Or, he gets cold sores frequently. Hasn't had one for a couple of weeks, doesn't have one now. Could it be because he's harboring that though?

Or is it because (TMI) I've had diarrhea all week, and my anus & vaginal opening are abnormally close together (told that by my midwife years ago)???

I'm not pregnant, not ttc, nothing like that, so no worries there at all - just this damn sore spot that really hurts now since I shaved over it before I knew it was there! (not open, not bleeding, just red & sore. NOT doctor worthy unless it gets worse!)


Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Hmm. If he gets cold sores I would place my bet on that and go see a doctor just in case. I am sure you've heard that cold sores are a kind of herpes, but not the same as genital. I learned in school that a person can get HSV1 (cold sores) on other parts of the body including genitals. Conversely a person can catch HSV2 (genital) in the oral region, or anywhere else.

    If I were in this situation and could afford it I would go to the doctor.

    Good luck :)

    Answer by angelm523 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I would wipe extra carefully when going to the restroom and just watch it for up to a week. Like you said, if it gets worse, go see the doc!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • could be a swollen gland. or and ingrown hair. put a warm compress on it and give it a day or two and if that doesnt help go to the doc.

    Answer by laura970 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • It could be a rash from all the acid from diarrhea. Kinda like diaper rash. I would try some diaper rash cream, seriously. I've had to do this with my son when he was 4 and out of diapers. Aveeno makes a really awesome diaper rash cream that doesn't burn and it clears it up sometimes within one application.


    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • It's definitely not an ingrown hair or a swollen gland - that much I DO know!

    Another question - I'm not ovulating but I've got a major overproduction of ewcm going on - could it be from too much of that?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I had a spot like that once but it turned out to be a Barlonin Gland Cyst. Here is a link to an article about it just to make sure it doesn't match your symptoms.

    I hope it gets better and isn't anyhting major. If it matches these symptoms please feel free to message me any questions because mine had to be surgically removed.

    Good luck! :)

    Answer by Memigen at 4:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011