Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Daycare assistance

My parents will be getting temporary custody of my niece. The need to place her in daycare but can't afford it. So they are looking into the state aid to help pay for daycare. I read someone where, wish I could find it, that I could watch her and the state would pay me instead of a daycare. Has anyone heard of this?


Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 43 (154,356 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • That happens where I live also.  It's pretty common.  A state worker evaluates your home and makes sure that your home is safe and your either approved or disapproved.  Then you get a check from the state on the times you are suppose to be paid.


    Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • She isnt the biological mother she is talking about her niece. But the answer is if you can pass state inspection and get some licensing for daycare then yes you could get paid for it. You have to call social services and ask them what you need to get licensed for daycare by the state.

    Answer by gemgem at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Oh, and in my town it's done by the Welfare Department.


    Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I am not her mother anonymous. If you read she is my NIECE.

    Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • They will pay you but you have to pass back ground and have no domestic volievnce records.

    Answer by Claudiomom at 6:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • See about Title XX or CCIS, see if you ave that here u are.... They will help.

    Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • They won't pay you because your her biological mother, custody or not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011