How do you think our President is doing when it comes to helping the poor and homeless in our Country?

rhonda0428

Asked by rhonda0428 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i think he is doing the best with what he has and what they are allowing him to do.
    what i think alot of people dont understand is that he doesnt have as much power as they may think and has to get threw alot of red tape to get something done.
    he has alot to deal with and is being pushed and pulled in so many directions that he is doing the best he can and its always a slow process.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• LOL Why don't you ask the people I saw on TV the other night. Supposed to get houses for $1. The houses are there are but they are not getting them.
    How about all the people whom he promised help for their foreclosures? Failure.
    He has given a few people a couple of hundred dollars after they stood in line for hours waiting. Far too little money for all the people who say they needed it
    It's pointless for me to go on. there are to many disappointments to put in this box.

Anouck- The party of no has nothing to do with anything the president has done. Remember, they were frozen out by Hellosi and Greed
    Try again
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think he would be able to do a lot more if he wasn't blocked by the Party of No in everything he tries to accomplish..

I'm sorry...But hasnt this cutsie little (lie) title become a BIT hypocritcal since an entire group of DEMS have FLED their state? If thats not a party of NO I dont know what is. Or is THAT ok since they dont actually SAY no instead they just turn tail and wuss out....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

He was blocked by the Democrats, the "party of no" had NO power to stop him.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• To my knowledge the numbers of poor and homeless have not changed in fact I think they have increased. I think that answers the question.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 5:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Anouck, the dems had a clear majority. It didn't matter when a vote came up, they had the numbers to do whatever they and/or the president wanted to do. Not only that, but they hid themselves away to write most of what they passed and told the pubs to climb in the back of the bus and be quiet. Unless you have a basic math problem (which I don't believe for a minute), there is no logical reason for you to insist that Obama was blocked from doing anything at all by the pubs.

Nothing has been done because the man has no clue about what he is doing, has no business sense whatsoever, and because enough of what he really wants to do is unconstitutional (to the point that even some dems voted against it). He paid off the corporations, agribusiness, and the ins. ponzi reps and left those truly in need hanging out in what amounts to a cat 5 storm without so much as a trash bag to see them through it. Shame on him!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think he is succeeding in one of the key elements of the progressive mission ~class warfare... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• His polices (which have never worked before when tried)  have increased the number of poor and homeless.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Is actually helping? Hmmm I must of missed it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Well, let's see, there was the time Mrs. O. volunteered at a soup kitchen and wore $500. sneakers, then she volunteered for Thanksgiving and wore a $495. scarf, nice... The interesting part was, that people getting food, had cell phones with cameras to take pix of her... Mr. Obama eliminated the charter school program for children in D.C; nice. And now Mrs. O. wants to give tax incentives to black women to promote breast feeding; when women have to work, they can't always do what they would prefer to do, that doesn't make them bad parents or irresponsible!

So in answer to your question, with all the $$$ this admin has spent, that's put our country in the "spiral of death" debt category, NO, I see in no way where they have helped the poor or homeless; with all the job losses and massive numbers of foreclosures, I dare say there are many more people in both categories… And their answer is to build rapid rail systems, wth?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011