Fellow Christians?

Why do so many of us continue to try to get non-Believers to believe on our time? Maybe God has a plan for them, and it doesn't line up with ours?

I'm not saying don't witness, but isn't it possible that the people we are so desperate to get saved have a specific role or lesson to be learned? Or that He has a much bigger plan for them then we ever could?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I understand but I talk about my beliefs for respect to God, not to disrespect others. I can not convert anyone or make anyone believe. I have nice conversations with people all the time and if you do it right, you walk away learning something from the other person. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• While I don't agree with your reasoning (since I don't believe in God), I applaud your decision not to try to cram your religion down my throat :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Wow anon! I really am sorry that happened to you (not just the HIV, but the condemnation). I don't see that as God's punishment. Wow..blows my mind. That's why I wasn't Christian for a long time.
    OP..I do agree with you. I think we are supposed to witness and spread the gospel, but we need do it in a specific way, God's way. I know that God has a plan for me and never gave up on me even when I could blaspheme with the best of them. However, my experince makes me who I am and I now have greater and deeper understanding of Him and His Word than I would have had if I didn't take the path I did. We need to trust the Holy Spirit to guide us to those who need to be ministered to. I think giving our testimony, using scripture to show God's love, and telling others that God loves them are good, but being an example, prayer and following the Holy Spirit will accomplish more that trying to convert everyone we see.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 4:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You have an excellent point which is why I do not approach witnessing the old way... there is a new wineskin way of witnessing now. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I met a few different people who thought I was worth saving until they found out I was HIV positive. "GOD's punishment".
    So I quit attending church! As for believing in God, I don't think he would make me suffer like this on purpose. Yes I made the decision to believe my ex-husband was faithful to me, but now I deal with holy rollers attitudes at times.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I believe we each have to find our own way, and I do believe that we can support each other in his/her way, but I certainly don't believe we should try to dictate another person's spirituality. So even being a Christian I don't believe in trying to convert or "save" anyone.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If God opens that door of opportunity for me to witness to someone, I'm going to take it. But that's where it ends for me....unless they come to me afterwards with questions. When I tell somebody about Jesus, I have done what He has asked of me. It's not my job to play junior Holy Spirit.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Witness by example, use words if necessary
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Honestly I believe God does have a plan and that he knows not everyone is going to be saved. Everyone has a chance to become saved but when they decide not to then that is on them, and the ball is in their court. At my age I dont know many people who havent already been witnessed to. I dont go out of my way to witness to people like that, or those who are still at a phase of anger or wanting to just argue. Life is way too short.

Answer by gemgem at 4:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011