How can i be sympathetic?

my grandma is in her deathbed and i have never had anyone die before i am upset and confused i dont know how to be conforting or anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• There is no "right" way to deal with the loss of a loved one.  Try to be there for her.  Do things for her.  Talk to her. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You don't have to be sympathetic. Just be there. A smile goes a long way as does a pat on the hand or a kind word.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• hugs

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• death is hard... I had to see my Godmother on her death bed and it was the most horrible thing ever, especially because it was brain cancer so she couldn't communicate but she understood. I just wen to see her. Told her how much I loved her and how she touched my life in so many ways. It's normal to be upset. I cried my eyes out the whole time I was talking to her. Just hold her hand, give her some kisses and just be there... is there anything he really likes that you could bring her? her favorite scented candle tomake her room smell pretty, her favorite flower, music? Anything little. I'm so sorry you are going through this.im sorry

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just be there for her. If she wants to talk, let her. If she needs a hug or you simply have the urge to hug her... hold her hand... whatever it may be... DO IT. Love her unconditionally.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Not a lot to say but being there. Avoiding is the worst thing to do. Just sit, talk to her, reminisce, or just sit with her.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hold her hand, tell her how much you love her, cry if you need to. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just be there for her. Tell her everything that she's meant to you. I'm deeply sorry.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2011