Am I overly paranoid?

Okay, so I just read an article in a magazine about bed bugs and they were saying how they're spreading on planes, both from the seats, and the luggage. My MIL visits every couple of months and I'm paranoid now that she'll bring bed bugs!

Ugh. Tell me something to make me feel better. I can't exactly ask her to buy the luggage protectors for her suitcases, can I? I suppose I could buy them myself and send them to her, but then how much of a nut would I look like?

After reading about them, I'm convinced I'm never flying, going to the movies, or staying a hotel again, lol.

I'm itching even thinking about it!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Don't beleive all the hype. Most of it is propaganda anyway. Just stick to your guns and if there becomes a problem, worry about it then. Peace.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• LOL this happened to me a few weeks ago. For days I was itchy. I don't know what to tell you except that it went away after a few days. I moved on and forgot about it and then one day realized that we apparently did not have bugs :)
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The news media blows things out of proportion. Of course you can advise your MIL on how to prevent this, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.
    poisonivy2917

Answer by poisonivy2917 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• OMg.. seriously?? We are going to NJ in April... GROSS... does it tell you how to protect yourself??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• God girl every time I get in bed since reading those articles I itch! LMAO! I have started changing my sheets every few days now. :( It used to be weekly ro bi-weekly, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• And God knows I won't be going to to NYC for a while! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Thanks ladies. Keep it comin', haha!. This has bothered me for the last few hours, thinking of it. She's the type (like my husband) who would think I'm crazy to suggest trying to prevent something like bed bugs. They think I'm crazy for sanitizing high hairs in restaurants, lol.

I'm seriously considering sending her this spray I found online that is supposed to repel them. Arg. Why am I like this, lol?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2011