Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

OMG!

My daughter just drank a cup of bleach water! I had something sitting in diluted bleach. (3 parts water, 1 part bleach) and lock the bathroom door. Well she found a way to open the door and drank a little bit. She came to me right away whining and then I smelt the bleach. I gave her a bottle water to drink.
I of coarse called poison control. They said all she will do is probably vomit but still keep an eye on her and keep giving her water.
I feel so horrible now. She is to smart for her own good. I locked the bathroom door for that very reason. (the bleach was in the sink). She used a butter knife to open the door.
This is the 2nd time I had to call. The first time she ate a tube of butt cream with zinc in it. That was at the beginning of last year. I guess she thought it tasted good. I swear kids are made to give parents gray hairs and heart attacks.

 
mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 43 (154,356 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • start looking at making your own non-toxic cleaners and such. Viniger works on so many things. Lots of bks and websites out there to tell you how. Hugs
    Lynette

    Answer by Lynette at 4:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I agree with Lynette if you've got a kid clearly prone to eating household cleaners. Glad she'll be okay, that is scary!!!!
    jeanclaudia

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • i agree with poison control. keep giving her water and watch her. butt cream? really? how can that taste good? lol sorry prolly not funny but it sure sounds funny. my kids liked to eat bar soap and i never could figure that out. tankfully that stopped.
    laura970

    Answer by laura970 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I agree with the previous posts.. non toxic cleaners seem like the way to go... seems odd.. you'd think the smell would have turned her OFF from wanting to sip it.. KIDS.. SMH.. lol Hope she's OK
    peekab00

    Answer by peekab00 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • if it makes you feel better...i let my ds try sugar one time because he wanted to now what it was. Then a few weeks later, i had to hand wash some clothes in the tub and left the box of powder detergent in there... he got up at 5 am when we were sleeping. He grabbed a handful and tried to eat it...he had it all over his face and hands! took him to the er and he was fine....found out later on, he spit out the mouthfull of laundry soap in the tolite. he thought it was sugar!!!!!
    dreamangel06

    Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN