motorskills??

if you had a four year old( will be 5 at the begining of the year) That cant hop on one foot , run in place, stand on on foot, would you be worried? I compared him by playing simon says at a playdate with two other kids the same age, and 1 two year old( almost 3). He couldnt even keep up with the two year old. Another example is sitting at the table eating, or sitting and watching TV , he will just fall over, he falls so much he will just say I'm OK. He has had his eyes checked, so its nothing like that. He also most of the day lays around ans watches TV. He says it because he doesnt get enough sleep or his back hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yeah I'd be worried. I'd let his dr know next time you have him to an appt. You should try doing excercises with him or something. It almost sounds like you haven't done enough with him for his motor skills to be as good as they should be.
    Anonymous

• I guess I should say he isnt my child but I have him 10 hours out of every day.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it would definitely be worth an evaluation. Your pediatrician should be able to get you a referral. OT may help. Good luck.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes, this would be a worry. My kids doctor had a questionnaire for development & these were some on the 2 year question. If you are a babysitter you might want to mention it to his mom.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 4:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008