What do I need to all buy for a babyshower? Do I have to spend more then 70 bucks?

I am wanting to do a baby shower for a friend of mine when that time comes. And was wondering what all I need without spending over 200 or 300 bucks for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that the only thing you really need at a baby shower is some cake. If you'd like to add more food, you can, but it doesn't need to be extravagant!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• How many people are you planning on having?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Pick a color first. Then go to Party city, and choose a solid color plates (you can get I think its 25 for 99 cents there) and matching napkins (also 99 cents). Pick out a tossable table cloth to match. Next you need to pick a cake. Once you have the cake picked out you can pick any other decorations to go with it. Again party city has everything and you can get it all reasonably if you use your imagination and dont buy their kits. I pulled off both of my oldest dds showers for around $90

Answer by gemgem at 5:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Following what gemgem said, you could use a fabric tablecloth that you already own and your good dishes---why not use that stuff? Or, find a friend to borrow those things from.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Both of my baby showers cost more than $400
    Anonymous

• If you have no money to make a party then don't. Ppl expect nice gifts expensive one from gift registers and all the offer at baby showers is cake. It drives me insane! A nice babyshower should have games cake food even something light food and something to drink THAT IS NOT LEMONADE!
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 5:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Have a potluck...ask everyone to bring a dish to the party...that will save money on food (if you want to do food, that is) Enlist the help of her family members for ideas....and don't forget the fathers family! They may be willing to help to!
    You can google up some baby shower games online...an inexpensive one is to use a roll of yarn for everyone to guess the size of mamas belly...the one closest to her actual size wins the prize. Make up prize bags using dollar store stuff to fill a decorated bag.
    Bake the cake at home yourself..or again..get a talented family member or another friend to do it.
    I think it can be done on $70 and still be a nice party! Good Luck, be creative and have fun!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Well when I do the party I am buying the matching table cloths, Napkins, silverwear and paper towels on the side for extras. I also will have a nice cake, balloons, decorations, stamps for the invites and some really cute invitation cards! I would also do all the snack foods, and foods, with some good home-made punch rasberry probably. And I would have coffee and soda as well. And of course some fun baby games. I guess I could do all of this with a 70 dollar budget and have it look nice :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My mom planned and brought everything for my babyshower. You just need a pick the color either girl or boy if you know what you are having. Just a decent size cake to feed the amount of people you have coming to the shower. Go to either party city or the dollar store.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• do you have any dollar tree or everything a dollar if so I gave my daughter one 2 years ago and i got all the stuff for it and paid only 75 dollars except for the food
    sunshine29461

Answer by sunshine29461 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011