Take your shoes off please.

I have kids who are on the floor playing all day. I have a sign on myh door that says please take off your shoes. NO ONE CARES! I even ask them to and they do... then The next time they come over they dont... Do you ask people to? Do they? Sorry had to vent. I have all hardwood floors and im tired of vaccuming them and washing them everyday. Too many people dont care.. what to do
?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My in laws never cared, and neither did my Dh. I always had to explain why and everyone told me I was crazy. I grew up that way, we never wore shoes in the house.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Rude to ask ppl to take their shoes off. Don't invite ppl over and you wont have any problems
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 5:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• One person is allowed to come in my home with her shoes on. She has terrible arches and needs the support provided by her shoes. Everyone else must remove their shoes.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 5:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I also have a sign on my door, but like you said people don't care. I always ask them to take their shoes off. I don't think it's rude at all. I don't want dirt, mud, and anything else that's on the bottom of a shoe in my floor.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My brother and his family just moved to a new house and put in new carpet throughout the whole house. They ask people when they come in the door. No one seems to care, and everyone is really respectful. Plus, their fluffy carpet feels good on my feet. lol
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I don't think it is rude. If they don't want to take their shoes off, they don't have to come to your house. You're the one who has to clean your floors, they don't. My FIL also had everyone take their shoes off when they came into his home, nobody cared. We just took them off.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We are laying new carpet down next weekend and this is going to be my new rule.  What's rude is walking into peoples houses and tracking mud and snow and the dog doo you stepped in.  When we have visitors, they will be asked to remove their rooms.  I decided that I am going to forewarn our friends before we even get started.  Some people are embarassed by their feet.  Or maybe they have holy socks on that day, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I said "remove their rooms"!  LOL~  I mean't "remove their shoes".  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We have a no shoes policy too. Most people see the giant pile of shoes and "get it" without a sign or reminder. If someone comes over and doesn't remove the shoes, no biggie if they stay off the carpet. I'm gonna sweep in the morning anyway.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I refuse to take my shoes off in someone's home. I never go without shoes and would not feel comfortable going barefoot in a home that wasn't my own. I do think it's rude to force people to be uncomfortable and that's why I won't go into no shoes houses. Seriously, I will not remove my shoes at all, even when asked. I wouldn't ask anyone to take their shirt off in my house so why would I ask someone to remove any other article of clothing???

How about providing shoe covers???
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 5:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011