What is the best way to induce labor?

so im two centimeters diolated and 90% effaced... my doctor said start walkin but what are some other good ways ...

shay_acree10

Asked by shay_acree10 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sex induced my labor a day before my scheduled C-Section. My water broke 3 hours afterward.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i have a fool proof way... guarantee it 100%...

You must plan something that will cost tons of money to reschedule, or that you will loose a deposit on.... you will be guaranteed to go into labor THAT very day and time!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was told sex works :)
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• As far as I know walking is the best. If you can squat it helps bring the baby down. Gravity! Congratulations on your soon to be little blessing!
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 5:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• sex
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sex, nipple stimulation, evening primrose oil, walking, I've heard castor oil works but I'd never try that lol
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 8:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• sorry but there is no sure fire way to induce labor the baby comes when its ready or when your doctor says they are going to induce you...i know bummer but the sex myth only works if the baby is ready to come anyway..although my friend would agree with the expensive nonrefundable idea..she went into labor with her second after she got in her seat at her 3rd attempt at a clay walker concert lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• "Best"?
    As in most effective or safest?
    These are not one in the same, of course...

To compromise, the best things are sex and walking. After that things are either riskier or either aren't so effective.

You weigh risks when trying to force something that isn't meant to be forced.
    Is baby safer outside than in?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i heard holding your pee in can induce labor. but that was to try to discourage doing so. and obviously it'd be uncomfortable as sh*t
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 1:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2011