What all did you do to prevent stretch marks?

I use baby oil after I shower (before I dry off). Then I put cocoa butter lotion all over. At night I use a lotion called mothers friend on my belly, hips, back, boobs, and put cocoa butter everywhere else.
Just wondering if there was any other techniques I could use to help prevent them. :)

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Skin types can help determine if you're going to get them or not. You should watch how much weight you're gaining, keep your skin moisturized, and lastly staying hydrated with plenty of water will help too.

I have also heard less positive about cocoa butter and more positive about 100% shea butter. That works WAY better than cocoa butter according to all of my friends. Part of the key lies in genetics, the other key lies in the ability to keep your skin full of elasticity and hydrated. You can find shea butter in health food stores. It needs to be 100%.

They also tend to run in families. So if your Mother and Aunts have them, chances are you will too. It's not 100% but the chance is up there.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I rubbed raw (unrefined) shea butter on my belly,sides,back,boobs,butt and just about, everywhere really lol and it totally worked. Not a single stretch mark on me girlie! You should try it :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 5:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• None of the various potions/oils/creams/whatever out there will prevent stretch marks. You're either prone to getting them, or you're not. My friend used everything she could get her hands on, and still ended up with stretch marks all over her belly. I never used anything, and didn't get even one. I'm now 33 weeks along in my second pregnancy, and so far, so good.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i used the oleo tree liquid
    sunshine29461

Answer by sunshine29461 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• palmers and creamy baby oil.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• never got any, but I heard Vitamin E works good
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I used cocoa butter cream way back when....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2011