Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Will my son go to hell for masturbating to porn? or to a dirty thought about a girl he might like?


It's not the jerking off I'm worried about it'sthe naughty thoughts about someone he isn't married to, basically mental rape.


The bible says do not even lust after a woman because that's the same as committing adultery. I was asking cause some christian says its ok for porn and I wanna know how? also my husband isnt religiouse, kinda hates God and thinks he's dumb. So I want to be able if my son stays a christian to give him solid answers.


I got that it is mental rape because of what Jesus said, if you so much as look at another woma with lust in your eyes then you have already committed adultery with her in your heart.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Religious Debate

Answers (24)
  • i agree. the entire planet would go to hell if that were the case. there in nothing wrong with exploring your body

    Answer by momofone725 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Lord NO! There is nothing wrong with masterbating. It's a normal human thing to do (especially for boys)

    Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • If that's the case, hell is one crowded place... I don't know of any man (or woman, as far as that goes) who hasn't watched porn and/or had dirty thoughts at some point in their lives. Then again, I don't believe in hell either.

    Sex, masturbation, all that stuff is a perfectly natural part of life, nothing "evil" about it.

    Answer by Anouck at 5:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Do you honestly believe having little fantasies in your head about somebody is "mental rape"? Man, Johnny Depp should be feeling VERY violated by me right about now! I'm sorry, but unless you fantasize about dismembering somebody, or actually raping them, which would make you one sick puppy, just having dirty fantasies about somebody isn't going to harm them in any way.

    Answer by Anouck at 5:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Oh, well, if you're going to base your opinion on the bible, I can't tell you anything, since I don't believe in any of that.

    Answer by Anouck at 5:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Can you honestly say yourseld that you have NEVER, in your whole life masturbated while thinking about someone who is not your husband. What about before you were married? You never thought about anyone sexually that you werent married to?

    Answer by leksismommy at 5:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • One secular reason to keep porn out of the house is that it can easily become an addiction. This is no favor to a future wife. It's hard for a real woman to compare to high glossy airbrushed photos & the internet porn is worse because it's real life video. How many wives are going to play with a dildo in front of their husbands after a long hard day or do any of the other stuff that women on internet porn do? Even worse, a married man can get real lazy making the effort with his wife if he can "virtually" be with hundreds of varieties of females whenever he wants for free. Religious people are supposed to stay pure until married. Even if he was a virgin on his wedding night, he won't be mentally or spiritually "pure" if he's had years of spanking the monkey to pornography.

    Answer by Trekfan at 5:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Trekfan, do you honestly believe a man would rather flog the dolphin to women he'll never meet in real life than stick it to a living, breathing female right inside his own house? On the flip side, if you as the woman don't feel like putting out for whatever reason, would you rather he jerked the gherkin, or go out and find another woman?

    Answer by Anouck at 6:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Yes, Unfortunately, I've lived it. I'm not opposed to masturbating. I'm opposed to masturbating to porn & I'm opposed to pornography addiction.

    Answer by Trekfan at 6:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I don't think anybody is in favor of pornography addiction, which does happen. But I think that's not an automatic result of watching porn at all. Some people are predisposed to addictive behavior, and if it wasn't porn, it would be something else. My husband watches porn, and I have no issues with that. I've watched it with him, and even occasionally on my own. Neither one of us is "addicted" to it, nor do we prefer it over having sex with each other (watching it WHILE having sex is a definite option though, heh). My point is, 99.9% of people watching porn don't get addicted to it, or use it to replace a partner.... And out of the remaining 0.1%, I'm sure the reason a percentage of those men prefer porn over a partner is an indication of bigger problems in the relationship.

    Answer by Anouck at 6:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.