To moms without siblings....

How do you feel about being an only child? Were you lonely growing up? Do you wish that your parents had given you brothers and/or sisters or are you happy being an only child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• There were times I wished I had a sibling, but other times I was thrilled to be an only. When my friends would complain about no privacy in the bedroom, or they couldn't use the phone cause sis/bro was on it all night, I didn't have that problem. No fighting over TV shows, toys, no sibling mistakes that I get punished for (you know, the old "sister stayed out past curfew, so Dad follows you to make sure you aren't doing anything wrong"). I had stuff my friends didn't, a TV and a stereo in my room, more attention from my parents (although that could have just been the kind of parents we had). I have 2 sons, though, and I see the fighting, but also the love, the friendship they share, and I'm glad I had 2.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I was always happy being an only child. I was never lonely and have a wonderful imagination! But as an adult I wish I had a sister or a brother, I feel alone now. My parents are older and if something were to happen it will be just me. I now have two children, not for the sake of having two! :D I was blessed twice and I'm grateful.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I loved being an only!!! While I enjoyed having my friends come over to play & hang out, I was also very happy to have them leave so that I could my space back.

mockinbird

Answer by mockinbird at 7:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I hated being the only child, growing up it wasnt SO bad but now it is. My kids have no aunts and uncles on my side!!! I think it's awful.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008