Need help with a baby name

My daughters name is Kali Nicole, but we are in the process of a step parent adoption. Kali was not my favorite name, but we want to generally keep her nick name Kali (since she already knows it) but change her overall name.

So far, the only name we've come up with is Kalista Noelle.

Can any of you ladies think of another name that would be an alternate or variation of Kali?

I personally wanted to name her Sophia Grace, but I chose Kali since that is the only name my ex liked. Now since we're doing the step parent adoption, we really want to give her a name that both my husband and I love, not stick her with a name that only my ex wanted to use.

Thanks

Razelda

Asked by Razelda at 5:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Baby Names

• I like your choice of first name but why change the second name too?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I LOVE Kalista Noelle. I would stick with that!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nicole - Over used, not my favorite, and has little meaning. Was something I used so the ex would be happy.

I also don't like Kalista Nicole lol. Our last names have two c's in them (and is 11 letters long), so it's just too much. Need to tone down the c's and k's LOL!. =)
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Thanks. It'll be Kali for short still, but technically Kalista. <3
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• how about kali grace thats pretty
    sunshine29461

Answer by sunshine29461 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Kalisia is the only other one I am can think of that I kind of like. I really like Kalista. I also think Grace would work with it. Kalista Grace.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Unfortunately, yeah Kalista is the only thing I can think of too.

100% set on changing her first name.

Grace is my ex's Mothers middle name... Ex didn't like it though so we went with Nicole. He thought Sophia and Grace were both really old names and hated them. It's still a beautiful name IMO, but I am trying to eliminate them out of our lives. Lol!

Needing help with first name alterations though. =)
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My daughter's name is Kaylene and we occassionally call her Kali. But I like the name you chose. =)
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Two options (Kalisia and Kaylene). Thank you ladies! Any more out there? =)
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sophia Grace is not an option. We're not changing her name entirely. We're keeping a name around Kali, like a variation. Kalista, Kaylene, etc. Anything to where we can easily use Kali as a nick name.

Sophia Grace was the name I wanted to name her, but I won't use Sophia because it in no way resembles Kali, and Grace is my ex's Mothers middle name. I am not going to use that either.

Thanks though.
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2011