Should I be mad???

Ok so I am currently trying to stop smoking. I've been clean 5 days. The thing is I live in a house with my dad downstairs who is a smoker and my hubby is also. Both of them were supposed to stop with me. Today my dad took one, just because he felt like it and now I find out my hubby who swore up and down he wouldn't unless we took one together took one. His stupid line to me was that he couldn't help it and that he only took one pull. I am so mad right now I could scream. It is so hard for me, do they think its easy?? I'm a stay at home mom and I'm alone all day with my son. I feel frustrated and alone all the time. At least they work, they can talk to people and stuff, all I knew to do to blow my frustration was to take one at night when my son went to sleep. I looked forward to it. Right now I am so mad with my husband because he always thinks its easy for me, what the hell does he mean he couldn't help it??? What should I do??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I would let them do whatever they want to do, and I would keep right on staying off them. You know they are bad for your health, and who knows? Maybe once they see you have it licked, they could become inspired to quit themselves! We women quite often have to lead the way!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no, dont be mad. be happy that you have a stronger will and more self-confidence then they do. it sucks that theyre not sticking to it like they agreed to but that is on them. try not to stress about it cause that will only make you more mad and want a cigarette more!

btw, congrats on being clean 5 days. i quit 5 days ago too! and i did cheat today (i smoked 2 cigs today) bad bad i know. but i think its ok given i smoked a pack a day and have only smoked 2 in 5 days. and honestly, the taste/racing heartbeat only reminded me WHY i want to quit and pushed my motivation further.

whenever i feel a craving or feel stressed/frustrated i clean. cleaning helps me channel that energy into something that wont slowly kill me. good luck and keep up the good work!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• calm down mama. i understand how frustrating quitting can be. If it's hard for you to quit, it's equally as hard. Addiction doesn't have a lesser effect on them. You've just handled it better. I'd blame your anger on withdrawals. I'm sure your day to day life is tough, but your husband & dad didn't smoke because they thought they deserved it more than you. don't take it so personal. quitting is hard for everyone & everyone will progress at their own pace. take a breather. you're doing a great job. don't let their failure get in your way. you can still do it. =)
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It's a lack of willpower on their part.

You've made it to day 5. I congratulate you. Keep it up!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• you have every right to be mad at them i'm glad your trying i wish you all the luck on quitting
    sunshine29461

Answer by sunshine29461 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just concentrate on yourself. You dont want cancer highbloodpressre or wrinkles!
    Maybe you should take them for a trip to your local cancer hospital. You keep up the good work and be proud of yourself each and every day.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• *self-control

lol not self-confidence. that would make no sense! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011