Why do they get away?

Why is it fair if my hubby and I promise not to smoke, and then he does. He says he couldn't help it, what makes him think its harder for him than me, and if we promised eachother should I not feel betrayed????

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Smoking is an addiction, and quitting is HARD! And yes, it is harder for some people than it is for others. I wouldn't feel betrayed about it, it's just an indication that you are stronger than he is... Studies have shown that for most smokers, it takes several efforts to quit. Berating him for failing isn't going to help any, instead encourage him to try again. And congratulate yourself for not giving in to the urge! I know quitting is much harder to do when people around you still smoke, though.... Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011