Why do people think its easy?

Why do people, men in particular think being a stay at home mom is easy?? I mean I love being one but it certainly isn't easier. What I miss the most is the company. You know at the office no matter how crappy your day is you still have co workers to give you a laugh. I feel very isolated as a stay at home mom, and I hate that people think 'oh you're home all day, you're so lucky'.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I don't think I could do it... So no, I don't think it's easy at all!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think people see "At Home" as meaning "sitting on their ass doing nothing" rather than actually working at home...

Personally, I've done the working mom thing, the SAHM thing and the WAHM thing, and being a working mom was by far the easiest of the three!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think both situations are hard in different ways. I work part time. I can see how being a SAHM could be some what lonely day after day. I can also see how other parts would be so much easier. Like getting more than an hour a day to get things done. I can also see how being a SAHM is constant cleaning sine your LO is constantly home messing up everything you clean! I can see how it would be easier because your schedule is the same every day not changing every other day with your shift. I can see where it would be hard being a SAHM because you are constantly with your LO. I can see how it could be better because you are constantly with your LO. See what I mean? BOTH are hard in their own ways. Trust me it is no walk in the park to come home, clean your house put dinner on the table and do a bed time routine in a matter of 2 hours! Even if I did get an adult lunch break.
    Anonymous

• Look for moms' groups in your area at meetup.com and try the local library's storyhour. I met some great friends there. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I love in the Caribbean, we don't have like support groups and stuff like that here.. I t would have been nice though, but I have to get all my support online..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I dunno. It is more isolated than working, and can drive ya crazy some days. Having been a FT working mama for the first 4 years of my DD's life, staying home is a piece of cake compared. We ARE LUCKY.

Anonymous

• Maybe start your own moms' group. That might give you a real focus and interesting thing to do
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2011