Looking for ideas

I am looking at starting a buisness from home and would love to hear your ideas. I am not looking at doing home parties, selling someone else's product, but to provide my own product or service and I don't have a lot of money to start it with. Please help.

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 6:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've been getting things together to start making cloth "goods" which I plan to sell on ETSY. If you have a sewing machine, it's really not hard to do.

Other ideas are Green Cleaners or Beauty Products.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Do you have any artistic talents you can make money with? What about being a virtual assistant or a ghost writer?
    If you are good with the computer you could set up blog sites, web sites, etc. I have a giveaway blog and I often need help or someone to fill in and it is hard to find someone trustworthy to do this for you. I bet you could make a fortune doing that! Just a few thought from someone who needs a little help now and then.
    Joaness

Answer by Joaness at 7:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Well, what are you good at? What do you have experience with? We need to have an idea of where your talents and interests lie first.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I love to write. I have a blog. I also have experience with data entry and administrative assistant
    CharityTipton

Comment by CharityTipton (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Jewlery? A girl at my school makes small bean bags meant for first aid, you can heat them up cool then down etc... one thing i did was make catnip pillows, just little tiny rectangle pillows, sold them at the veterinary hospital.

I used the catnip at the natural food store, its much more potent and natural. you can make some kitty and puupy blamkets too if you know how to sew or quilt.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• How about becomming a Notary Public? You can study for and take the test on line, It's only about a hundred dollars to take and you can set up business in your home. with some advertising and a shingle to hang you're in business. You DO have to be home and available for customers/clients and you will need some understanding of the documents you are notarizing, but with a little research this might be right for you.
    suijuris

Answer by suijuris at 9:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I blog about work at home opportunities and ideas.  You're more than welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011