Doesn't feel like flutters to me!

So they say feeling the baby kick is like little flutters..what the hell is a flutter? Anyway I think I felt the baby kick last night but not sure,it wasn't a cramp this time (this is my first). All I been feeling was a lot cramping which they always say is your uterus stretching. Could some of the cramping possibly be the baby moving/kicking? ~18wks 6days today~

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, the baby moving doesn't feel ANYTHING like cramping... It's really hard to put into words what it feels like. To me, in the beginning it's more like something brushing up against me from the inside, I wouldn't call it a flutter either. Now, at 33 weeks, it's more like somebody is doing the lambada in there, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• to me it felt more like a twitch or muscle spasm but way to deep to be a muscle. I can't really explain it. It never felt fluttery to me either though...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• tickling on the inside,like butterfly wings across your tummy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I felt pressure like my DD was stretching, but no pain.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 6:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Lol o ok thanks
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 7:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• well for me i swear i felt like i had a little fish swimming in my tummy. Thats the best way i could explain it.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It can feel like gas, too. If you've ever felt a gas bubble move inside you (not the painful ones!), that's similar to how it feels.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope, doesn't feel like cramping. More like little taps and swishes, it's kinda hard to describe
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 8:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My first felt like bubbles in my lower abdomen. It was an odd sensation. Like the bubbling in an aquarium on the inside. My second and third were more like little quick jabs. It felt like a very tiny swimmer was turn kicking off the inside of my stomach. This fourth baby has been more of a rolling feeling. Like I imagine those little balls in nail polish move about on the inside of the bottle, only slightly quicker rolling.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011