Is it to early?

My husband accidentally bought easy up diapers instead of the regular ones. He said we should be potty training her but she is only 14 months. Is that to early? I just dont want to have to change her outfit 30 times a y cuz she peed through her easy ups.

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think age is not a way to tell if theyr ready.

its maturity of the body to be able to tell the brain when its time to go. look for the signs and if your daughter truly shows them, give it a shot if it doesnt work then stop no harm done really, its not too early to get them "familiar" with potty either at this age.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• it isn't to early to teach. I started teaching my oldest at 12 months, but because her birthday is in the spring she didn't want to go inside to go potty so I packed off until after summer which she was 18months and she was trained by 19 months (fully). My second started waking up dry in the morning so I started her at 13 months she was nearly trained at 16 months, but she got really sick (rotavirus) so I backed off for a while she had 3 weeks of diarehea so once I started again she was like 20 months and trained at 21 moonths (fully). She probably would have been potty trained at 16 months if she didn't get sick. So it isn't to early to train her. Either way when you start potty training she will have lots of accidents at first it is part of training. Unless you wait until she decides to just up and stop going in the diapers. I think training earlier is easier than later, but that is just me.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You'll see some useful info if you Google "toilet training readiness"
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I doubt your DD will pee through the easy ups anyway. My DS uses Pull ups. I've never had him leak through them. It's just easy to tell when he goes pee even a little bit, because of the little picture that smears when it gets wet.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 10:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011