Why is your choice SAHM, WAHM, Working Mom the best choice for you?

What are your pro's can con's for you. I know every situation is different so I want to hear all angles before I make my choice. Thanks. This is not a debate please. That is not what I am going for here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• working mom. i'd go crazy as a sahm. i'd be way to bored and feel like i'm sitting my life away
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• For me (working mom) first and foremost it's a financial issue. We simply couldn't afford to get by without my salary. I've always made more than my husband, but currently he's in school, so I'm the sole bread winner. Secondly, honestly, I don't know how well I'd deal with being at home all day, every day, with no adult interaction. Also, I believe my son actually benefits from being in a social environment with other kids, instead of with just me all the time.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree w/ Anouck, being a WAHM, is a financial one for me, we could not survive on just my husbands salary. He was in the automotive industry until the recession and now he is in a lower paying job, so I am the breadwinner right now. I never considered that staying at home was an option, I love my kids, but I think being with them all day, every day w/o any adult interaction would make me nuts. I think they get good benefits out of my babysitter, they love her and she loves them, the more people in my kids life that love them, the better.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I am a SAHM. Don't get me wrong I love staying at home, but even if I did want to work. I basicly would be doing it for free. The reason is because I have 2 kids and 1 on the way when I was pregnant with my second I was thinking about going back to work. I called around and just for 2 kids they wanted 360.00 a week. That would have been my entire pay check and some of my DH's he makes to much to get help to pay for childcare. I don't have any friends or family that can watch them and I wont leave them with just anyone so I chose to stay home. And I wouldn't want it any other way. I love being at home with my kids as much as they annoy me sometimes, but I still love it lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I chose SAHM to the best we can afford because I do work outside the home 2 days a week. I choose SAHM because when my 1st child was born, I was a teen mom. So from day 1 I had to return to school, and work to pay for babysitting so much that I missed my daughter's entire baby and toddlerhood. I missed her first steps and words because I was either at school or work. We had a mandatory field trip on the day of her 1st birthday party. I sent a camera so the daycare can take pictures, but lost the camera on the bus on the way home. Now I don't even have pictures from her 1st birthday party. Back then, I thought, taking care of a child meant only monetarily. As long as I provided diapers and milk, I was doing my job. Now I know better. I'm married now with 3 others and I can't imagine missing anything in their lives. Work and earning money is not so important to me anymore. Being there is.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• As you know, it's individual. It's nice you have a choice. Many women don't. When I didn't have a choice, I wanted to stay home. But when I got the chance to stay home, it turned out to be the wrong choice for our family. My son missed his friends from after-school care, and my husband really didn't like the person I became because I'd become too isolated. I also was BORED out of my skull. So I went back to work.

I did work from home for a while, but the job wasn't that great. I do best in a newsroom environment, which is where I work.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and I like it. I can spend as much quality time with my son as possible and I don't have to spend extra on daycare or have my family keep him. Although one day if I do decide to work, I'd find something to where I could work at home.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 8:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011