HOW I GET Y 2 YEAR OLD SON TO DO POTTY IN HIS POTTY SEAT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this is how I trained my kids. I took them shopping for underwear and stickers. Then I put a calendar up in the bathroom and everytime they went they got to put a sticker on the calendar. After "X" amount of stickers they got a special treat, either we would go for ice cream or I would make their favorite dinner. I think the key is to ask if they have to go, but don't force them to go. There are not many things that kids can control and going potty is one thing they can.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just have the potty there. You can take off his diaper and let him sit, but it is best not to push it. he will let you know when he is ready. 2 is still very young.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see some useful info. He may not be ready yet.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2011