If you have heard this please read....Have you ever heard of using vicks vapor rub on your childs feet at bedtime with socks if they have a cold?

I am pregnant and sooooo miserble does that work on adults too? LOL....I never tried it on my kids, but the way I am feeling I will try anything. I am 15 weeks pregnant.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Never heard that, but cant be any worst than my mom placing a slice of onion in my arm pit when I was ill.....Feel better soon
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes and I have tried it. It works
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It does work. It helps with the congestion!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• yes i have heard it and yes it work do it worse that can happen is it not work
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Never heard of that, but that stuff makes me feel unclean and greasy. When in doubt, ask your OB. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes, this works and you should be fine.
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have used it on my kids when they were older and on myself. My DIL's OB told her Vicks was okay during pregnancy but to be very, very careful about using it when breastfeeding because the eucalyptus oil and camphor is dangerous for infants.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• On my own feet, I can't remember using Vicks (though we do have it and use it all the time for colds and such), but I do remember using a peppermint scrub that left my feet feeling cool. I wish i remembered the name of the scrub. I'd recommend it. I think I'll try vicks the next time around. good luck. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 7:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes, I've heard of it..my grandma used to do that to me when I was a kid,lol
    Don't know if it works but she always made me feel better!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• why I am at it what does vicks help when putting it on your feet? I mean help the cough or the sore throat? I just want to try it cause I heard it works lol, but not sure what it helps on.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2011