So I've bought about 30 outfits in the newborn size.....

Do you think I need more? FTM here lol and I'm not sure if thats enough! I have onesies, PJ, outfits, you name it.

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 8:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Return them. I never had any newborn size. She will fit into that size for 2 weeks tops. You need maybe 5 0-3 then a bunch of 3-6. My kids were in 3-6 at 3 weeks old.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Way too much. Babies grow fast.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My daughter grew out of newborn clothes within two weeks, youre better off getting 0-3 mo size. Go take about half back if not more
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't have bought more than 10.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If they still have tags and reciepts I would take some back and buy in 3-6 months and 6 months. None of my babies were in NB more than 6 weeks. Twoo of them were out of NB in 4 weeks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes WAY to much. in the new born size you *might* need. 5-6 PJ's 1 pack of onsies and 1-2 going out outfits. They are in the newborn size (If they even start in newborn size) for a couple of weeks before hitting the 0-3 months. Then it's sometimes only a few weeks in that size!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Way too much!!! Find a consignment shop. They always have brand new stuff for young babies that have never been worn because the kid has either grown out of it or they grew too fast for the wrong season.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You went a bit nutty didn't you? it is an exciting time, I can't blame you but slow down don't buy anymore or you will be going back for exchanged they grow way too fast in the early stages

Answer by older at 8:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with the others. It's a bit much. And you never know how long baby will stay in newborn size if at all. My older son was over 9lbs and NEVER fit into newborn clothes. He came home wearing 0-3 month shirts and 3-6 month pants (from birth). My youngest son (out of 5 kids) was a normal 7lbs 8oz and wore newborn for like 3 weeks before they got tight and we were basically stuffing him in the onesies because we didn't have money to get anything bigger at the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think that you should buy as many as you want.  If your a "shopper" and really want to buy your baby clothes then I'd start buying things in 3-6 months, then in 6-9 months and so on.  That way your shopper self is satisfied and you have plenty in different sizes.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011