What does your baby wear under his or her sleepsack?

We live where it snows and I wasn't sure if I should still put her in her normal pajamas and then the sleepsack. Typically we put a blanket over her(she's 4mos old)but she doesn't stay put in one spot so she eventually pushes herself completely out of the blanket. Her normal pajamas are the fleece ones from children's place, but i was wondering if I should put her in the cotton ones so that way she doesn't get too hot. What do you think? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i put her in cotton pjs and socks.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• How warm do you keep your house at night? What ever you are comfy in add a layer, or a little extra warmth. So if you sleep in a t-shirt under a big comforter she would be fine in cotton pj's, socks and a sleep blanket. If you sleep in fleece and use a comforter and a blanket you may want to stick with what you are doing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I always put mine in a onesie tshirt and socks with a fleece sleeper over it.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• if i use fleece anything i always put my little ones in a onsie under it...otherwise they got way too hot. In fact, my youngest sweats easily so i always just dress him in cotton.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i do a cotton sleeper and then the sleep sack!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My sleep slacks had long sleeves (some are sleeveless) I just put my son in a onesie & socks.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We usually did a long sleeve onesie or side snap shirt if it was warm, and a light pair of PJs if it was cool. We also preferred the HALO Sleepsacks that zip from the bottom because (1) diaper changes were easier and (2) they are more breathable than the long sleeve sleepsacks--less likely to get overheated, and (3) the zipper never got in his face while he was sleeping like it did with the long sleeve one that zipped from the top (can't remember the brand name now though).
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It depends on how cold the house is running. I actually have more issues in the summer with the baby getting cold at night because of the air conditioner. In the winter, the heat keeps the house, especially the upstairs rooms, pretty toasty. If it is feeling cool in their room, I do the long sleeve, long pant cotton PJs from A Children's Place and then the sleep sack on top of that. (My sleep sack is sleeveless, if that matters to you.) When it is feeling warmer in the house, which it usually is when the heat is on, I just do a onesie and then the sleep sack. Sometimes I do a long sleeve onesie if I think their little arms will get cold. I never put them in polyester or fleece pjs and the sleep sack. I think I'd die with that combo on me.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• my house is kindda cold even tho my son has a heater that keeps his room in 69. I usually put him on long sleeve onsie, fleece and sleepsack. I wish they make long sleeve sleepsack for bigger size baby!
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My LO sleeps in a fleece Halo Sleepsack, and he wears a long sleeve onsie and cotton jammies under. Definitely no loose blankets - he'd just kick or roll them off anyhow, plus the safety risk.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 12:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2011