what am I supposed to do when my son is crying for no reason and I've done everything that I can?

when my son is crying and I can't seem to get him to stop and I've done everything thing that I could ever feed him and he is still crying what to do?

hard_times

Asked by hard_times at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like it might be Colic. You should set a appointment with the babys doctor and confirm this. Cause it can also be the Formula you use or if your breastfeeding, you could have ate something not agreeing with him. Can also be really bad gas, have you tried Mylicon infant drops yet?
    Anonymous

• Like my husbands mom told me babies just need to cry at times.
    If he/she is fed warm safe and changed lay him/her down and let them cry.

Sometimes baby just cry
    MattTisha

Answer by MattTisha at 3:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My daughter was the same way!

When you have checked everything you can think of, tried all the tricks you can think of, put him in his crib, kiss him, and leave. Feel free to say something like "I know you are overwhelmed and need to cry the tension out. I'll be nearby and I'll come back when you need me." He won't understand the words but the tone will get through and the words will help you.

Be sure to check with your doctor. Keep a log for 3 or 4 days of when he cries, for how long, and if anything was able to calm him. That will help your doctor figure out if there is a problem or if it's "just colic". Colic is really a fancy way of saying "We don't know" - the official definition is extreme crying for more than 3 hours a day at least 3 days a week for at least 3 weeks in a row. It usually is gone by 16 weeks so mark that day on your calendar - things should look MUCH better by then.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Do what you can to calm your baby, but don't go nuts trying to keep him content. Most parents do anything including going on 3am "car rides" or vacuuming for hours to name a few. Your baby won't learn anything this way, it will only make you feel better. If your baby is dry, fed, burped, and comfy... leave. I know it sounds mean but I have a 6 month old who is "sleep trained" (I don't like that phrase but w/e). Just put the little one in his crib rub his little head a few times, tell him you love him and you'll see him when he's done with his nap. He's probably going to yell louder, thats ok. Remember, if you go in after a few minutes you are teaching your baby that when he cries... you will come right in to soothe him, so he'll cry until he gets it. Teach your baby that nothing results from crying and the crying will stop, for tiredness anyway. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby... you can buy the book on Amazon.com
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• if it ends up being bad ags just put some pressure on his tummy and rub his back till he's better
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 11:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2008