how do contractions feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• like really really bad period cramps
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yep. Really bad menstrual cramps. You can't miss them!
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• In my early labor, I really had no pain. Most women say it's like bad period cramps, but mine just made my stomach get really tight and uncomfortable. After my water broke, I went into active labor, and that's an entirely different story! They hurt like hell. Yes, I guess they do start out feeling like incapacitating menstrual cramps, but when you hit transition (shortly before you'll start feeling the urge to bear down and start pushing), you're going to feel like you are dying. I don't mean to scare you...but I wish someone had explained all of that to me with my first pregnancy. I know what to expect with this one, and I'm still scared...but I've done it once and I know I can do it again! Good luck!

And keep in mind...if you can't bear the pain, there's always the epidural! I didn't have it, but wanted it when I hit transition...it was too late, but my son was born like 20 mins later. I had a relatively easy labor.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The only reason I noticed my early ones was when I'd inhale and could only take in so much air before the tightness in my belly wouldn't let anymore in!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Really bad period cramps, but also I had lower back pain....
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008