TMI discharge in 2nd trimester adult content

First let me say this has happened several times before, all throughout my pregnancy randomly. The 1st time it happened was around 12 weeks and I called the doctor and got checked and they never told me anything, so I asked at the next appointment and it was nothing. Sometimes when I wipe I will have a really snotty glob on the toliet paper, its kinda clear, with a slight yellowish tint to it. Sometimes it happens once a week, sometimes not for a couple weeks, today it happened 2 times, it just varies. I am 24 1/2 weeks pregnant now and really scared that my mucous plug could be having issues or something? But it is just like the time I went in to be checked...same exact color and consistency, and that time it was nothing. So I don't know if I should just wait for my 28 week appointment or if I should call Monday? Any advice appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would get it checked just in case but when youre preggo your are more lubricant naturally.. i cant remember what they called it. but its completely normally. i had it throughout the whole pregnancy..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with Ross i had alot of discharge also when i was pregnant but wouldnt hurt to ask the dr just incase.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I lost my mucous plug very early this pregnancy. Come to find out, it is common to loose it randomly if you exercise a lot or if this isn't your first child. Apparently the mucous plug can and will regenerate itself when this happens. If you have nothing else going on, no cramping or bleeding, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If your really worried about it call your doctor there should be someone there to help you. I know my doctors office has a service where if you have any concerns you can call.
    mama319

Answer by mama319 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Your discharge can change a lot in color/consistency during pregnancy but if you're worried it never hurts to call your doctor. Also like PP said your mucus plug can regenerate itself.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If your doctor isn't worried than you shouldn't be either. no need to stress yourself out. I had the same thing happen a few times and every pap came back normal
    AshleyMarie88

Answer by AshleyMarie88 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You naturally discharge more during pregnancy. It makes you wanna bathe a lot but usually harmless. Make sure though that you don;t ahve any kind of infection like yeast infection, etc!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2011