Would you change the spelling of your childs 1st name?

We really loved the name Brianna. But I didnt want her to be called Bri-anna. But Bree-On-Uh.. So i tried to come up with a way to get the ON-UH clearly known..
At the time I thought Breaunna worked. So that is how we spelled it. But a few month later I started 2nd guessing the name & now she is 4yo & Im REALLY debating changing the spelling of her name!

What would you do?
Would you change the spelling of the name (she spells her name Bree right now since that is what we call her- so that would not be confusing)
What would you change it to if u decided to change it?
Any other advice would be great! : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would not change her name. It is Her name now and you no longer have a say in it. Even though she is only four years old, she is well on her way to creating her own identity and her name is the tip of the pyramid of that. Yes, if you changed her spelling it wouldn't change the pronunciation...but still...that's the name you attached to her. It is unique and when she is older, she may absolutely love it.
    Wandybrine

Answer by Wandybrine at 9:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If it really bothers you change it. You're not changing her name just the spelling. I think it will make for a funny story when she's older =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would have given it the Latin spelling of Briana one a tends to imply the on-uh pronunciation. The way you have spelled it just look confusing. I think I would consider changing it if it was me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Are you kidding me? No, you do not decide to change your child's name because after 4yrs you have changed your mind. How would you like it if you Mom came over and suddenly told you that instead of your name being Angela, it is going to be Anjelica because that is what she really meant all along.

I am sure that being the mother of a 4yr old daughter, you have plenty of other things to worry about, like teaching her to write and spell her name, rather then deciding to rename her
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I can't say that I like the original spelling but I would not change it at the age of four.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If you're going to change it..change it now. I know a Breeahnuh and she hates her name. She can't wait to have the money to have it legally changed to Bree.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have thought about this too w/ my DD. I don't like the way we spelled her name. She is 2. I've decided to leave it the way it is
    Anonymous

• I actually did change my daughters name- 3 days after she was born- Her name is "Dena" but, i had spelled it "Dina" at first- but, i would never of changed it, after 4 years- i would just Let it go & let her have her Beautiful Unique name & spelling:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• How about Brionna? Breona? Briohna or Briohnna? Briona? Breiona or Breionna? Briahna? Brieonna? Brieona? I have a lot of idea if you like.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2011