21month old, vomitting, diarrhea for 3 days, rash- no fever (DISGUSTING TMI) adult content

Last night my daughter fell asleep, and woke up around midnight casually saying "daddy, daddy" which isnt unusual. I told her to go back to sleep, and she started crying, then projectile threw up (curdled milk) everywhere. Like, on my bed, in her crib, on the carpet, some on the walls. She had no fever. And after she threw up she was laughing and playing! I gave her a bath, and around 3am she asked to eat. So I gave her a cup of gatoraid, and a few bites of bread. Within minutes she threw up again. There was still some curdled milk in this vomit... sorry guys, I know how disgusting this is. After I cleaned her up again, she was playing- acting perfectly normal.

Anyways, around 4am she fell asleep. This morning when I changed her diaper I noticed she has a red rash on the underside of her thighs. Like an allergic reaction almost. They look splotchy like hives, but they are completely flat. My mom said it was the diarrhea that spilled out of her diaper- burned her legs, because of the acid in it?? I don't quite get it.

She has not thrown up at all today. She hasnt pooped (so no diarrhea). I am pushing fluids, NO MILK, no dairy, she has had 1 piece of toast, a gerber biter biscuit, and 16+ oz of gatoraid. I called her peditrition, but the lady was a bitch and said the doctors out today, call someone else. So hello Cafemom! any suggestions?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 9:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• we had a bit of a stomache bug going around our house and luckily it was just me and hubby and just kept passing it back and forth. but for us it was a 24 hour bug.
    but yea the rash could have been from the diarrhea. put her in a timpid bath with some baking soda and then some rash cream or vaseline. and other than that sounds like you got everything taken care of.
    i would make sure to talk to the doc about the receptionist or whoever took the call. that was not professional at all and im sure the pedi wont put up with that in their office.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• A nurse actually told you to call someone else? Wow, I would be telling the pediat that one.
    But I understand what your mom is saying about the rash on her legs. Maybe your daughter had a little bit of a bug going around. Be glad that was all it lasted. My youngest had it for 5 days, while my oldest was much like your dauhter....just a matter of hours.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011