What to do Moved and Now Son is Depressed!

I am lost I have a Two year old son who has been moved around alot. We have lived with my Husbands mom who Phoenix(two yr old) calls Nina and he keeps telling me Go home Ninas, Take bed and toys and daddy bed and he keeps going on about our stuff that we have here and this is our house. I dont know what to do It has actually made me cry. He has not ate since sunday hardly drinking , everything is his and he wont share , he is constantly crying I dont know what to do i am lost. He has gone to the point of taking some toys to the door and telling me take this your Blazer momma. Please Help me it is getting bad!

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How long have you lived in your new place? Maybe you could make a big deal and let him decorate his new room and get some sticky things for his wall if you can or go pick out a new comforter for his bed. Help him turn this new home into his home! Also maybe plan some special activities with him and keep him busy doing some kind of new craft for the home. Any thing to keep his little mind occupied and to help him adjust and make his new home and home for him! I hope this helps some.
    jordan0474

Answer by jordan0474 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The not sharing and all sounds like he is definitely having some attachment issues due to the uprooting of moving... It would be best to make sure he understands (in whatever way you can get the point across) that no matter what, you and his daddy will ALWAYS be there for him, that his toys and his room are HIS, and that things are weird right now but it doesn't change how much you love him, etc. It sounds like he just really needs some stability, and you are the only one that can provide that. Good luck!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 1:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2008