What is the smallest piece of exercise equipment I could get?

Like an elliptical and the like. I am REALLY tight on space, but I've wanted to get something because I don't have a bike or anything like that (plus nowhere safe to ride one around here), and on really bad weather days (pouring rain, snow, etc.) I'd like something here in the house to use, like while I'm watching a show or something. Is there anything that sort of folds smaller for storage?

Sorry if that's dumb, but I'm kind of clueless about these things lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• running shoes! ;0) Seriously though. My inlaws have a bicycle looking thing that fold up and stands in a corner. I'll look it up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Might as well just get yourself a jump rope. You don't need any real space for storage, and you get just as much, if not more exercise from jumping rope than from an elliptical. Plus, it's way way way (did I say it enough?) cheeper.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 9:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/Body-XRB100-Magnetic-Folding-Exercise/dp/B001KYODVM More expensive than I thought it would be... maybe you can find a used one like it?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Not sure how inexpensive you are looking for, but I use my WiiFit step (I bought the extra risers for it to make it taller) and I put on the free step workout set for 30 minutes, then flip over to my tv show and just step away. It doesn't take up much space at all. I love it!

Answer by missanc at 9:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Some good ideas here already, running shoes, jump rope :) Work out DVDs would be good, and resistance bands.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I can't do a lot of cardio like jumping jack, jump rope, etc. My breasts are huge lol and I have a lot of trouble breathing if my whole body is in motion like that. I'm fine on a bike, treadmill, walking, swimming, etc. (it really sucks that we don't have a public pool around here), but I can't jump around, jog, run, etc. I've been looking at some DVDs, but I have no idea what to go with lol. I have the 30 Day Shred and I can't do it because of my breasts and breathing issues. I don't trust resistance bands because I had one in high school that snapped and that wasn't pleasant lol.

Anyone have suggestions for DVDs that are fun but not a lot of jumping around in them?
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm a 40DD, so the WATP videos you asked about are good, especially for just starting out and needing to build up your endurance. In my responce to that ? I mentioned the Biggest Loser walk...well you do some fast running in place and I know what you mean. BUT if you wear a regular bra under a sports bra you'll have pretty good support. I now always wear two when I work out.

Other than that I wouldn't worry about big equipment right now. Get a stretchy band or resistance bands, 3-5 pound weights...

But if you want a actual piece of equipment that's small I would recommend the Air Climber by Brenda Dygraf: www.theairclimber.com

Not only is it only 10 pounds or so it can fit in your closet, you can hop watching tv or listening to music or use the dvd that comes with it. It's a really GOOD sweat producing workout. It's also sold on QVC with "3 easy payments" which is where I bought mine!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• BTW I just used that Air Climber without the video....It has a counter on it, counts steps, time and calories burned. I burned 100 calories in just 7 minutes and 20 seconds!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Okay I am coming back to answer again, after thinking about your question with your added input...
    Here are a couple suggestions:
    Folding Rowing Machines. Rowing is a great work out and you can go slow or fast depending on what you want to do, and it's a total body work out.
    http://www.bizrate.com/arm-shoulder-machines/folding-rowing-machines/
    And maybe this folding home gym.
    http://heartmonitor.com/total_trainer_home_gym/index.htm
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 8:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Look around at qvc.com
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011