Thinking of becoming a surrogate...

Anyone done it? Have advice to give? Beautiful stories to share? Horror stories to share?

Wandybrine

Asked by Wandybrine at 9:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Adoption

• I haven't...but I would suggest checking your state's laws about surrogate. Then contact a local RE office and ask to come in and talk with them about it.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The birth mother group here had two surrogates who came to the group for support. They both grieved and experience similar pain to that of natural/birth moms. I think for many moms carrying a child creates a bond and giving that child to someone else to raise causes immense pain and sadness. I think surrogacy is an extremely bad idea.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I've done it. It was definitely a learning experience. Mine didn't go as planned and it ended up as an adoption instead. PM me if you'd like details. :) Good luck.
    i.heart.rachel

Answer by i.heart.rachel at 10:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I thought about it, and started the process (research) but hubby started getting baby fever...
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I personally disagree with the practice. There are soo many adoptable babies in the world, it seems selfish to make one fresh to order. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I couldn't help throwing that out there.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 2:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think there too many children out there that need a good home.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I was a surrogate, I gave birth to triplets June 14, 2010. It was a great experience, hard at times because I carried multiples but overall a great experience. The surrogate pregnancy didn't feel the same as my own, so that attachment wasn't there for me. I guess I just knew they weren't mine :) I would love to give you more info if you would like!
    AllThingsSurro

Answer by AllThingsSurro at 8:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011