how do you make potatoe salad?

My husband wants potatoe salad for thanksgiving and I have no clue how to make it and all of the recipes I found on the internet do not sound very good. does anyone have a simple recipe to share?

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• This next one is my favorite!

Texas Country Potato Salad

4 strips bacon (I always use more!)
    1 pound small red potatoes, unpeeled
    1 green onion
    1 boiled egg, chopped
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    Salt and pepper
    Cook bacon until crispy. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the grease, and crumble. Set aside.
    Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with cold water. Add a tablespoon of the bacon grease and some salt and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let the potatoes cool and then cut into bite-size pieces.
    In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper for dressing.
    Toss potatoes, sliced green onion, and egg in dressing. Top withbacon. Serve chilled.

I always use extra bacon. I mix some right into the salad and use the rest to top it.

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Potatoes, yellow onion, pickles, mayo, mustard, boiled eggs. and seasoning. Peel the potatoes, cut them up into cubes. Boil them, tell they are slightly done. You cook them to done then you will have mashed potatoes salad.(practice makes perfect)Depending on how much potato salad you want to make , will determine how much of the other ingredients you put in.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• with the thanksgiving its not potatoe salad that goes with it, its smashed baked potatoe's with gravy. now with a barbque cookout then its potatoe salad:) which recipe did u want?
    Anonymous

• I am making both.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Boil the potatoes until you can stick a fork into them. Then you can peel or not, and cut into cubes while hot. Add small chopped onion while the potatoes are still warm, it helps them absorb the flavor. When cool, add chopped celery and salt and pepper and mayo or salad dressing.

Answer by Bmat at 6:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Suggestion My Family Recipe 10 or 12- Potatoes Washed Peeled and Cut Into cubes Cook Until Fork Tender - 2 Cucombers Peeled Remove Seeds (optional) and Then Cubed- 2 Medium Onions Peeled and Diced-Washed and Slice Radishes (optional) 3 Celery Staulks Cut up or you may wish to use Celery-Seed-4 Hard Boiled Eggs Sliced (optional) Salt and Pepper Mayonaise to taste.You may wish to also add (Mustard) I myself Do not Because I am not a Fan Of Mustard In Potatoe Salid Mix All Ingredients well Chill Before Serving . .Serving Size Approx 6
    LittleTigar

Answer by LittleTigar at 10:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I do 2 different recipes. One has more ingredients and takes more time to do all the cutting prep. The other is SO simple and really is my favorite out of the 2. I'll give ya both though.

Potato salad

10-15 potatoes ( boiled until fork tender)
    1-2 onions
    ½ celery bunch
    Pinch of celery seed
    ½ cup may
    1 tsp. horseradish
    Mustard to taste
    Sweet pickles chopped up (5 or so)
    Lawry’s seasoning salt
    Dash papirika
    Dash curry
    Salt pepper

Top with 7 or more bacon slices cut up and sprinkled on top

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2008