I need advice ladies

Ok so my daughter is 2 years old..Just a few months ago she got off the bottle..Well she never drank milk and she still wont..Well needless to say her teeth are messed up..her top 4 teeth look very bad..I dont want to get them pulled because i dont want her other teeth to come in while she is this young..What can i do to try to keep what is left strong? i brush them..i just feel really shitty about it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why would they pull them?  Why do you not want her teeth to come in this early?  Sorry, just need a little more info.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Really, the best advice you're going to get in a situation such as this is from a dentist. You don't want her to suffer of course, and the longer you let it go the worse it's going to get. Being that she's 2 already, it's a good time to get her acquainted with a dentist. Good luck.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would take her to the denist. If she's eating cheese and yogurt and stuff, drinking milk wouldn't be 'that' important. Does she drink soda? Or a lot of juice? If she doesn't then if could be a defincentcy.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If she can spit give her a flouride rinse. If not, there is several mouth rinses that keep teeth strong without flouride. You can find them with childrens toothpastes.
    Flossing is really good too, but it might be hard to do since she is so little. They make floss for kids that are like little pics to make it easier. Will she drink like Chocolate milk? Some is better than none.
    Maybe you can talk to her doc about calcium suppliments?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Oh and I forgot to ask, what does her dentist say?  She has been to the dentist already right?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Oh, and just because the pull her teeth doesn't mean the other teeth will come in. She just wouldn't have those teeth for a while. They may be able to cap them. The did mine at 2 when I fell and broke them.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• What's wrong with her teeth? What did you put it the bottle?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Mompam you just read my mind.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• She went when she was 1 1/2 and they wanted to pull them then..She wont do anything dairy.. :-(
    She is starting to slowly eat yogurt. but not alot..

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Since she wouldnt drink milk she mainly had juice and water..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011