Does your baby have pierced ears yet ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My girls will get their ears pierced later on when they ask for them to be done.  Sooooooooo no, lol.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My baby is 7. Not yet!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yep! She was 6 months..healed perfectly. :D
    Ella_Bella20

Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No, I have a really bad luck with infections, Idk if she will or not but Id rather find out when she is older. (she is only 6 months)
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We waited until she wanted them. I know some will say 4 yrs old is young to make that decision, but she'd been asking for over a year, and fully understood what was going to happen and how it was going to happen, and was OK with it. We took her to a licensed piercer, and he pierced using a needle, and then placed surgical steel captive bead hoops in her ears. There were a few tears, but she didn't freak out. I thought we might have had a problem after the first ear, with her not wanting to do the second, but she was fine. No matter how old your child is when you decide (if you decide) to get her ears pierced, I STRONGLY recommend going to a licensed piercer, NOT a place that uses the piercing guns. I am also uncomfortable with any place that requires proof of immunization, and most of the places that use guns do require that. Where we went required her birth certificate, and my ID.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My daughter had hers done when she was 18mths old.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I want her to be able to chose. They aren't my ears. She's only 8 months.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Mine is 2.5 (well, almost 2.5) and I refuse to pierce her ears until she is old enough to understand it, ask for it, and care for them herself.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011