What's your opinon?

Does anyone agree with the wife working and the dad's being home with the kids? Does that make anyone feel awkward?

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 10:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't see anything wrong with it

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hey whatever works. But i must admit it would feel a little awkward for me.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• while I work my DF is home with our son
    when he works I am home with our son
    not awkward
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It's a personal choice with each family. During my first marriage, my husband was chronically and terminally ill, so he stayed home with the children. I worked VERY hard and long hours, but made a good living for us.

That was our choice and what worked for us. I don't give a lot of time or energy to the opinions of others. It's YOUR family and only YOU should make those decisions. If anyone else has a problem with it, F'em!
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 10:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• it wouldn't make me feel awkward if husband had to be on disability. He'd still have some income even though I would be working full-time( even minium wage if I had to) while he'd be home with kids. I'd say it all depends on the circumstance or situation.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I worked for three years while my husband went to college. I got out of the Navy shortly after he graduated and got a job and then we had our daughter. I wouldn't have any problem working again and him staying home if for whatever reason we needed to do that. He wouldn't feel awkward about it, either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it, I just think that it is uncommon.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No, it depends on the situation of the family.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think it depends on the Family's situation. I know there are some Moms who prefer to go to work.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I know several people who have the wife working and a SAHD. I think it's totally fine. Sometimes it's for financial reasons, sometimes it's just because that's what she wants to do, and he wants to stay home with the kids. I think either way is fine.

I do feel bad for SAHDs sometimes though. I don't think they get the support or understanding that moms do. Just my opinion though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011