What age did your child start going to the dentist?

Has anyone else noticed all of the dental questions on here lately?  Then today a gf of mine and her daughter came over.  The kids had lunch together and went to the bathroom to brush their teeth.  My son came back out and said that my gfs daughter had something black in her mouth.  I ran in there to look and it sure looks like cavities to me.  My gf said "oh yeah, she has cavities".  I asked her what dentist she goes to and she looked at me like I had lost my mind.  She hasn't been to the dentist yet.  She's 4.  Has cavities.  Hasn't been yet.  What age were yours when they started going?  I wasn't going to post this because I figured someone else would post this question but noooooooo I was wrong, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Age 4... (LOL)...
    We have always been good at brushing her teeth & asking her if she ever felt pain or anything. Her check-up went great..
    My parents didnt take great care of our teeth either (paying for it now).. But I also know someone who takes their kids to the dentist & has spent major $$ on baby teeth when they are going to fall out. A kid should not be in any discomfort but I also dont think a child needs to go through the pain of teeth cleaning & dealing with minor cavities with teeth that are going to fall out anyway.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My kids were 3. The pediatric dentist here said there was no need unless there was a problem before then.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Around 7 months old.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Mine went from the time they got their very first teeth.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I started taking my DD at the age of 3. I've been brushing and cleaning her teeth though ever since they started coming in. Perfect teeth, no cavities!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Oh, and I guess I could answer the question first, lol.  All 3 of mine went to the dentist when they got their first tooth in.  My parents didn't take care of my teeth and I definitely didn't want my kids having the same problems that I had so I wanted to get started early, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011