Where can I find designer fabric patterns for affordable prices?

sb75

Asked by sb75 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It depends on what type of fabrics - cottons for sewing or quilting, popular characters, upholstery. For characters and upholstery I would go to JoAnn's or Hancock Fabrics.

For general cottons I would look up local quilt shops or find one on line. Hancock's of Paducah and Equilter.com are 2 that I like. I tend to stay away from JoAnn cottons unless I need something cheap to use for experimentation.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Hancock Fabrics? Try their website- they have great sales all the time. Have you tried a google search?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Jo-Ann does too...
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If you live near a large city where garment manufacturing goes on, sometimes you can get remnants of their fabrics super cheap. When I worked in SF, I got designer remnants at couple of factories 'south of Market'. They used to have Friday morning sales, including their samples and stuff that the department stores didn't take. It's been a few years, I don't know if that still goes on; it could be worth checking out. GL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2011