HeLp SiStErs! :) So I've believed that 1/3 of the angels in their rebellions following

Satan were cast out of Heaven...and are demons?..here on earth..

But today I found this..2 Peter 2:4

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment

and

Jude 1:6

And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

So do you believe they demons are earth or are they held in hell until judgement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Context is very very important.
    5 - "I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. 6 - And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." - Jude 6-7, KJV
    first it talks about angels who failed their post then immediately it speaks about Sodom and Gomorroh and about strange flesh... who were the strange flesh? the angels.. who were they giving themselves to? human flesh.The sin that Jude condemns is humans having sex with or attempting to have sex with angels!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I found this....
    Q: In 2 Pet 2:4 and Jude 6, are fallen angels bound, or are they free as Rev 16:14 and other verses say?
    A: Three points to consider in the answer.
    1. Some demons are bound.
    2. Others are free, as Matthew 12:22; 17:14-18; and Acts 16:16-18 show.
    3. Some demons were free, but were afraid of being bound by Jesus’ words in Luke 8:28-32.
    See When Critics Ask p.538 and Milliard J. Erickson’s Christian Theology p.447 for more info.

It is a matter of searching this out and asking Holy Spirit the reality of these scriptures.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Neither. All evil on the earth comes from us. And all good on the earth must also come from us. I know angels exist because they speak to me. Some angels are not positive beings, but they are still angels. Anger is a very negative energy, but we need it to know when we are happy and filled with positive energy. Negative angels tend to the negative things. Like dealing out karmic justice. Like working with the horrible people who cross over, teaching them hard--but needed--lessons. Positive angels tend to positive things--like keeping us safe and inspiring us and guiding our spirits through the process of death into the godlight. Each of them tends to a necessary part of life and each has the nature--whether dark or light--it needs to do it's job.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think they are in hell..and the evil you see everyday is truly caused by people alone, by their selfishness and greed.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Shaneagle...well said. :)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I like the above answer. The thing that I saw when reading was that unlike the angels who fell God has grace on us humans who fell. Meaning we are different and made special for a purpose and God chooses to save us! How awesome is that? God loves us soo much he saved us!!!
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 8:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• They're hanging in the GOP. Don't worry about it. Just don't go into the bathroom with them or answer the craigslist ads.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011