Muscle relaxers?

Any of you ladies have experience taking muscle relaxers? This is what they have me on for pain management at the moment until my Lupus test comes back. Is it effective? Doc says I'm supposed to take it 3 times a day, but says it could cause severe drowsiness.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• they kind of turn me into a bump on the couch
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 10:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I've taken a couple different ones. Flexiril (sp?) and Methocarbamol. Both make me drowsy. I do ok with the first one. But the Methocarbamol makes me feel really sick and dizzy if I don't go to sleep within 30mins of taking it. Good luck and just be careful with them.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I've taken some, didn't seem to help, or make me sleepy that I can remember.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Flexeril made me kinda sleepy
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I was prescribed Flexeril. I'm kinda scared to take it.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't be scared to take it. It's pretty mild. The only side effect I had from it was that it made me extremely tired. The very first time I took it was a little over 8 years ago. We had gotten in a car accident and had some mild whiplash. They gave us all rx's for it. I slept for like 24 hours straight and was still sleepy the next day. I spent most of that Thanksgiving in a haze! (Which was actually kind of nice since I don't like that part of my family that much! lol) Anyway, it hasn't done that to me since and I don't take it very often at all. But when I do now, I'm able to sleep it off in about 8 or 9 hours and feel fine the next day.
    How many mg's are they? If they are 10mg, I would suggest cutting it in half for your first dose, just to get an idea of how it works with your body. Make sure you read the label though just to be 100% sure it's ok to cut the pill. Should be fine, but some say not to.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Mine are 10 mg and she prescribed it for me to take 3 times a day. The people at the pharmacy said I could cut it in half if I thought it was too much.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I use muscle relaxers for my back I was involved in a bad car accident a year ago and it really messed me up. I don't take them every day but when I am in alot of pain and can't walk then I take them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011